31 October 2011

Welcome and Enjoy

The idea with my blog is to keep everyone, who is interested in the Danish athletes, updated with the upcoming Olympic in London. I will try my best, to keep an eye on all the Danish athletes attending. Please let me know, if I am missing someone out or you have useful information for my blog.

The last time England hosted an Olympic was in 1948 in London. That was the year Denmark won the most medals ever since we attended out first games in 1896 in Athena. Denmark got 5 gold medals, the most gold won ever for the Danish nation. So hopefully we will repeat our success in England.

The upcoming Olympics in London, will hopefully be feature many talented Danish athletes. The Danish “Idræts forbund” and Team Denmark will publish their aim for Danish medals on January the 15th 2012, and again publishing the aims the 1st of July 2012.

I will definitely keep an eye on the men’s handball team, who came second at the world championship in 2010. My expectation for the ´guld fieren´, the four Danish athletes in rowing, who won the gold medal at Beijing 2008, is quite high as well.

I could mention many more athletes such as Woziniacki, Lotte Friis and Peter Gade, where my hope for medal is high. But you can find all my opinions on all the individuals under their sports on right side tools.

I hope you will find my blog helpful and interesting

No comments: